Pioneer is embracing the new Apple AirPlay technology in their range of AV-receivers, starting with the Pioneer VSX-1021 7.1-channel network AV receiver.
After Apple announced the new AirPlay technology for streaming audio and video from iOS devices and iTunes, we have started seeing manufacturers embracing the technology, including Pioneer with their VSX-1021 7.1-channel network AV receiver.
The Pioneer VSX-1021 comes packed with the latest technology from Pioneer, including the Made for iPod, iPhone, iPad trademark, HD Audio, 3D ready and upscaling to 1080p video, and DLNA and internet radio support on top of the AirPlay streaming ability. Either connect the VSX-1021 to your router via ethernet cable or get the optional wireless LAN adapter for use over wi-fi.
It comes with plenty of connectivity options, including 8HD inputs (6 HDMI), and plenty of power with 150W output power per channel. Not a bad way to start building your own home entertainment system. Get some high quality speakers and you could be on your way to a great sounding system.
The Pioneer VSX-1021 AV receiver with AirPlay is available from amongst other the following UK retailers:
Summary key features
- 7.1-channel with 150W Output power per channel
- 6 x HDMI with 1080p upscaling (1 HDMI output)
- 5 x composite
- 2 x USB host
- 1 x iPod/iPhone digital via USB
- Bluetooth adapter port
- Ethernet connection (wireless LAN optional)
- Dolby True HD and DTS-HD Master Audio
- DLNA cerified
- Apple AirPlay
- Internet radio
- 3D ready
* This is not a hands-on review as we have not had a chance to test this unit yet. Information in this post as based on publicly available information about the system.
[source: Pioneer EU]