Apple has today pushed out iOS 5.1.1 for users to download and install on their iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. This is what they refer to as a minor update that includes primarily bug fixes and minor improvements.
According to Apple themselves the iOS 5.1.1 update includes the following:
This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:
- Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut
- Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks
- Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
- Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
- Fixes an issue where ‘Unable to purchase’ alert could be displayed after successful purchase
For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
You can check if the update is available for your device by going into Settings –> General –> Software update and see if it prompts you to download and install iOS 5.1.1. over-the-air (OTA), or do it the old fashioned way by connecting to iTunes.